What are License Free Walkie Talkie?
A walky talky or a two-way radio can function in two ways – either on licensed frequency or on a license free frequency. Max Telecom provides both the walkie talkies from a wide range of leading manufacturers.
Generally walkie talkie owners have to purchase a license to operate walkie talkie for commercial usage. For this they need to buy license through Wireless Planning & Coordination wing. Moreover, this licence needs to renew every year for smooth usage.
But with license free walkie talkies you do not need to purchase any license from the Government.
As one of the best walkie talkie dealers in Delhi, we see a lot of confusion between th two forms. So here we are explaining what exactly are licence free walky talky.
- License free radios are functional in indoors as well as outdoors. Depending on the surrounding environment the range can be between a few hundred meters in a confined space; to a few kilometers in an open space.
- Range of license free walky talky is 2 to 2.5 kms.
The frequency band-width of Licence-free two way radios are already programmed and included in it. Although, the power sources can differ, from each other. Like, a simple model uses AA cells and a high end model uses Li-ion batteries.
Buy license free walky talky now
What are the license- free bands?
As per Wireless Planning and Coordination Wing of Government of India there are frequency criteria as per which License Free Walkie Talkie can be used.
List of wireless products that are exempted from licensing
- Indoor use of low power wireless equipments in the frequency band 2.4GHz to 2.4835GHz.
- Use of low power wireless equipments in the frequency band 2.4GHz to 2.4835GHz.
- Low power wireless equipments usage indoor in the frequency band 5GHz.
- Less power wireless equipments usage indoor in the frequency band 5GHz-Amndment.
- Outdoor use of wireless equipments in the frequency band 5.825-5.875GHz.
- Usage of low power wireless equipments in the frequency band 865-867MHz for RFID.
- Operate low power wireless equipments in the frequency band 865-867MHz for RFID-Amendment
- Handling low power wireless equipment in the 335MHz band for remote control of Cranes
- Use of low power wireless equipment in the 335MHz band for remote control of Cranes-Amendment
- Usage of low power wireless equipments in the Citizen Band 26.957-27.383MHz
- Use of low power wireless equipments in the Citizen Band 26.957-27.383MHz-Amendment